Enable Multithread Java

Hi Everyone,

I have been googling and searching this site, and only found 1 reference to someone requesting Multi core performance help, but it was from 2008 and didnt give me enough information.

I have an Openfire 3.6.3 server that has 1 thread of java running 100% utliization constantly, and I would like to make it use the rest of my multicore machine. I read that I should enable mina ? But I am not sure how to tie that into openfire. I will be upgrading to 3.7.1 during maintenance, but if I can get multithread / multicore support it would help soooo much.

How do I enable this feature ?

My server keeps kicking users, so any help would be much appreciated.

• Gary

It already runs with multiple threads, and none of them should utilize 100% cpu. You have a different problem (not that I know what it is), but I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Right now I have a dual core VMware machine, and it has a single java process with 100% cpu utilization at all times. The server is a RHEL 5.7 x86 with 18GB of memory. Maybe I just need to flip a switch or something. Or is it that there are multiple threads, and only 1 java thread ? Do you by any chance have any suggestions on what I should google / search teh discussion list for my cpu utlilization ?

Thanks,

Gary

I found some things, via google. None of it looks promising, but I will try some things and see what I can do. I will be doing the upgrade to 3.7.1 thursday night, so wish me luck.

Thanks rcollier.

-Gary