Enabling SSL in hazelcast Openfire plugin

Is it possible to use SSL with Hazelcast Openfire plugin?
hazelcast-local-config.xml includes clause. When I tried to change it to true I got java.lang.IllegalStateException: SSL/TLS requires Hazelcast Enterprise Edition in Openfire log and clustering didn’t work.
As I understand Hazelcast Openfire plugin is not based on enterprise version of Hazelcast IMDG, so is it impossible?

@dwd

Thanks

Short answer; It can’t be done with the plugin as-is. You have to pay money to get the version of Hazelcast that supports TLS.

Long answer; I would hope that the APIs for Hazelcast Enterprise Edition and for are essentially the same. If you purchase the Enterprise Edition, it /may/ be possible to simply swap out the hazelcast.jar file for the Enterprise equivalent, and then enable TLS. If you need to do API changes, then you’ll have to make them yourself - or pay one of our partners to do it for you - https://www.igniterealtime.org/support/service_providers.jsp

Greg

I did a quick test. Replacing the Hazelcast dependency with the Hazelcast-enterprise variant does not break compilation. That’s encouraging.

1 Like