Enhancement: Virtual Hosts

It would be nice if Wildfire supports virtual hosts, like for example ejabbered does.

Maybe you should consider this, as this is (at least in my opionion) the last point which is “better” with ejabbered (besides the erlang base, which can handle a lot more users with less powerfull hardware).

unfortunately the ejabberd webinterface is very cryptic

It is on the (unofficial) roadmap. There are a handful of projects that will better enable Wildfire to handle this. (clustering, etc)

thats nice. any timetable?

(besides the erlang base, which can handle

a lot more users with less powerfull hardware).

Where did this myth come from? Java uses cutting-edge virtual machine technology. On the other hand, Erlang just got beta support for multi-processor machines.

In any case, as slush mentioned, virtual hosts is something we’‘d love to add. It probably won’'t come in the next couple of months, but look for it to be added to the roadmap more officially soon.

Regards,

Matt

Dear matt,

as i said in the other thread.

i just repeated, what i read and what i tried myself.

in my “basic” configuration ejabberd was able to handle a lot more connections with much less memory, this is why i expected that the memory management must be “better” in a way or at least more efficient.

anyway wildfire is really a great piece of software and i’‘ll carefully watch it’'s development!

It would be nice if Wildfire supports virtual hosts,

like for example ejabbered does.

Maybe you should consider this, as this is (at least

in my opionion) the last point which is “better” with

ejabbered (besides the erlang base, which can handle

a lot more users with less powerfull hardware).

Maybe I need to update the ejabberd feature sheet to highlight some other features that Wildfire lacks; the problem with ejabberd is that a lot of its features are not took into account for the JSF feature score :o)

unfortunately the ejabberd webinterface is very

cryptic

Boh, with the documentation near you, it is very easy. Btw, just to mention that the ejabberd web interface is not that bad I tested some months ago several instant messaging server software (such as Antepo) and I am proud to say that of all tested software ejabberd and Wildfire have the most userfriendly and good-looking web interfaces when using Firefox or Konqueror. For example, the Antepo web interface do not work when you use Firefox and it looks extremely[/b] ugly in Konqueror. So all this is very relative Besides that I also discovered that ejabberd’'s web interface is #1 regarding W3C compliancy as Wildfire pages do not validate