Enterprise Clustering Licensing questions

I know its just released and beta, but I wanted to find out if the licensing will be changing? if I have 2 servers that are clustered and I have 50 licenses, do I have to have seperate licenses for both servers (100 total) or would I purchase 50 licenses and install openfire on 2 servers and cluster them?

Thanks

Hey Jason,

You can use the current Enterprise license with Openfire Enterprise 3.4.0 but it won’t let you enable clustering. To use clustering you will need to get a new license that specifies the number of cluster nodes that you can have in the cluster. Feel free to contact sales to learn how to get a new license and remember that participating in the beta program will let you get a discount when adding extra nodes to your license.

Regards,

– Gato

so when its finally released from beta, do we have to pay per node?

Hey Jason,

We are still discussing the final pricing model for the new version of Openfire Enterprise. However, the most likely scenario is that you can get a license per total of users and also per number of nodes. For instance, you can get a license for 5K users and 1 node or 15K users and 4 nodes. So in your case I would say that you might just need to add more nodes to your license if your number of allowed users is fine for you.

Regards,

– Gato

hola mehacia falta el serial de enterprice si pudieras ayudarme en eso deveras que se los agradeceria

Hola Raul,

Si buscas una licencia para probar Openfire Enterprise 3.4.0 Beta la podes encontrar en la seccion 7.2 de este documento. Esa licencia es valida hasta el 31 de Octubre y te va a permitir correr Openfire en un cluster de hasta 10 nodos/maquinas.

Saludos,

– Gato