Error 500 - install in W'2003R2SP2

I’m trying install Openfire v.3.3.3 to Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2.

After all setup pages, on screen - next:

HTTP ERROR: 500INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
RequestURI=/setup/setup-finished.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException</h3></h3>
<p><p>at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dfinished_jsp._jspService(setup_002dfinished_jsp.java:74)<br/><br/>
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)<br/><br/>
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1074)<br/><br/>
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)<br/><br/>
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1065)<br/><br/>
at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1065)<br/><br/>
at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:41)<br/><br/>
at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)<br/><br/>
at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:146)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:751)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)<br/><br/>

In folder \logs i found log-file warn.log

2007.09.24 11:07:48 Error when trying to update to new name

java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.throwError(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)

Need help

Have you checked if your database has writeaccess for the user that is used to connect to it by openfire?

Is the table jiveVersion existing in your db?

What databse are you using? The error in the log states it couldn’t find the table “jiveVersion”… Or perhaps there wasn’t a record to update.

I’m using Embedded Database - Default.

On server i have full administrator access.

After error about table jiveVersion in log\info.log:

Missing database shema for openfire. Attempting to install…

Database update successful.

In created folder Embedded-db exist files: openfire.lck, openfire.log, openfire.properties.

Then i’m input AdminEMail and admin password, press continue and … on screen error.

In file embedded-db\openfire.log last record is:

INSERT INTO JIVEUSER VALUE(my real data)

In file log\warn.log added repeated two error’s block and this error’s block i’m see on screen in IE (publice in first message).

Sorry for my english.

Nikolaj wrote:

Then i’m input AdminEMail and admin password, press continue and … on screen error.

To log into the console, just use the user name, not the JID or email. No idea if that is related to your error.

Could it be that you entered an email adress as the admins user name? Could be that that makes OpenFire act up.

Sorry for my english.

Don’t worry about it, you’re doing fine.

If you did enter an email adress as admin username, try re-running the setup. Edit the openfire.xml and find the

<setup>true</setup>

tag. Change it to false and restart OpenFire. It will then show you the setup again (don’t worry, the data you input last time is not lost).

Then change the admin user name to just a name (i.e. admin).

No, i’m not log to the console. I’m input admin email, admin password and confirm password in setup process.

OK, edit openfire.xml and restart openfire. Repeat all step for setup, only in page “Administrator account” press “skip this step”

and … again the same error in IE screen, and in log\warn.log

Has tried as same, only in page “Administrator account” input all needede fields and press “continue”

again the same result

Problem solved

First setup need run from installed server.

I tried run setup from remote computer in web-interface.

Thank’s

Hi,

Glad to hear that you’ve solved your problem. However, setting up Openfire doesn’t have to be from the installed server. So, the problem must be because of something else.