Error and Questions

Hi!

i have newly installed openfire 3.3.1 but in the “logs” in admin console, i got this error:

2007.05.21 15:08:58 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.fatal(CommonsLogFactory.java: 95) The scratchDir you specified: /tmp/Jetty_0_0_0_0_9090_webapp____-dnguxu/jsp is unusable.

2007.05.21 15:11:47 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 462) Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/search

java.lang.NullPointerException: No ComponentManager implementation available.

at org.xmpp.component.ComponentManagerFactory.getComponentManager(ComponentManager Factory.java:52)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.initializePlugin(SearchPlugin.jav a:102)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :404)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :46)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:916)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.05.21 15:11:47 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.fatal(CommonsLogFactory.java: 95) The scratchDir you specified: /tmp/Jetty_0_0_0_0_9090_webapp____-dnguxu/jsp is unusable.

2007.05.21 15:22:04 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.shutdown(PluginManager.java:10 6)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.destroyPlugin(SearchPlugin.java:1 26)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.shutdown(PluginManager.java:1 03)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.shutdownServer(XMPPServer.java:865)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.access$600(XMPPServer.java:90)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer$ShutdownHookThread.run(XMPPServer.java:811 )

2007.05.21 15:23:22 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.java: 87) Line=19 The content of element type “dwr” must match “(init?,allow?,signatures?)”.

may i know what should i do bout this?

another thing, it seems that openfire cannot be accessed outside. e.g. openfire is in school then i cannot access thru home.

please help me… thanks…

So you’'re trying to run this on your schools server? You will have to talk to your sysadmin to see if they will open the necessary ports for you.

The scratchdir issue seems related in how your user account is set up. Again, talk to your sysadmin.