powered by Jive Software

Error connecting to the LDAP server


#1

Hi All,

I have installed open fire 4.1.3 on Ubuntu 1404. When I integrate open fire to UCS LDAP it gives me below error.

Test: Connection Settings
Status: Error
Error connecting to the LDAP server. Ensure that the directory server is running at the specified hostname and port and that a firewall is not blocking access to the server.

Host:- gipl-ucs-001.gipl.inet
Port:- 389
Base DN:- OU=users,DC=GIPL,DC=INET

Please help me to find out this problem occurs.


#2

Have you tried to disable firewall on the server with LDAP? Also, is the server’s name serving LDAP correct on the Host field?


#3

try making your base dn the root of your domain dc=gipl,dc=inet

then for the admin dn just used the format username@gipl.inet

keep in mind the admin dn is a little miss leading. this is the account used to query ldap, and does NOT need to be an elevated account.


#4

My firewall is already stopped.


#5

It’s not working. I have tried so many options but the issue is not resolved.

Base DN: DC=GIPL,DC=INET Administrator DN: administrator@gipl.inet
Base DN: DC=GIPL,DC=INET Administrator DN: administrator@gipl
Base DN: DC=GIPL,DC=INET Administrator DN: CD=administrator
Is there any issue with MySQL? Because I am using MySQL database. But t connects perfectly.
Can I check that connection from the terminal?
Telnet is working with below command.
telnet gipl-ucs-001.gipl.inet 389


#6

Try my Openfire config AD steps that are detailed at the bottom of: Openfire 4.2.1 a Active Directory 2008R2: First login fail, second login succeed

Cheers,
Cosmo


#7

Sandip?! If this is the same sandeep Sharma that I have know for years let me know


#8

@Nick_Giacopuzzi No, I am from Jaipur, India.


#9

Hi all,
Now, I have solved login problem and openfire is login successful from the client side. I have use spark for client side. But it’s not showing users on the client side. It gives below error.

2018.04.05 16:12:32 ERROR [pool-monitoring2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.reporting.stats.StatsEngine - Error sampling for statistic muc_users
org.jrobin.core.RrdException: Bad sample timestamp 1522924920. Last update time was 1522924920, at least one second step is required
at org.jrobin.core.RrdDb.store(Unknown Source)
at org.jrobin.core.Sample.update(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.reporting.stats.StatsEngine$SampleTask.run(StatsEngine.java:392)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

2018.04.05 16:11:46 ERROR [socket_c2s-thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster - Groups ([team-system admin]) include non-existent username (cn=sandeep.sharma,cn=users,dc=gipl,dc=inet)


#10

My friend is from India as well but lives here in the US now. Same exact
name spelling and all.

Have a nice day!