Error loading plugin

Hey Dele, and others

Hopefully a simple one - I have Red5 running successfully with Openfire. However I have a constant error in the Openfire error log that I think is as a result of a failed attempt to upload the plugin through the admin console, rather than just dropping the .war into /opt/openfire/plugins.

2008.08.15 19:38:30 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:507)] Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/c:\documents and settings\nick.chaplin\spark\plugins\red5-plugin
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jivesoftware/spark/plugin/Plugin
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :385)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :47)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1014)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This doesn’t affect the working of Red5, as I subsequently DID just drop it into the server plugins directory, but the error is constant (every couple of minutes) and I’d like to clear it if possible. Removing the plugin from the server doesn’t make it go away…

Thanks, Nick

Yet again I post a question then immediately find the answer. My attempt at uploading the plugin via the web console had created a “c:\documents and settings…\red5-plugin.jar” file in opt/openfire/plugins! Once I removed that and the corresponding folder that it had created, everything is sweet. Also took the opportunity to upgrade to 0.0.27.

Nick