Error log showing errors

In openfire 3.7.1 administration console when I check out the error log, its showing me a bunch of errors. Is this normal? or have I missed something seriously important while installing/configuring.

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.jav a:953)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout( 22)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatem
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatemen
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedS
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor26.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.invoke(
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.intercept(
at $java.sql.Wrapper$$EnhancerByProxool$$48851372.executeUpdate()
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterItemProvider.insertGroups(RosterItemProv
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterItemProvider.updateItem(RosterItemProvid
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster.updateRosterItem(
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.manageSub(PresenceSu
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.process(PresenceSubs
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(
at 355)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl
at$TailFilter.messageReceived (
at$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(
at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(
at$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF
at$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent( :239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$ Source)
at Source)
2011.12.30 10:45:48 org.jivesoftware.util.Log - — Marker inserted by admin at Dec 30, 2011 10:45:48 AM —
2011.12.30 10:45:53 org.jivesoftware.util.Log - — Marker inserted by admin at Dec 30, 2011 10:45:53 AM —
2011.12.30 10:45:54 org.jivesoftware.util.Log - — Marker inserted by admin at Dec 30, 2011 10:45:54 AM —

You did not print the error message, only a stack trace. It seems that one user tries to update the roster and this fails.

Dear LG,

First of all a very happy new year to you.

Secondly, I am deeply grateful for your response.

I have a ~300kb complete error log file, kindly have a look


I have been trying to implement openfire in my office for quite some time now. The first time I implemented it, was with Candy (Web Chat Client) . I was greatly dissappointed and embarrased as it kicked the users out during an important MUC session in with around 200 users.

I have also used grinder to test Openfire and I have been getting “Invalid SID” error.

It would be really great of you to give me some hint or guidline on how I should go about solving this.

2011.12.12 12:57:01 org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterItemProvider - ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("UCHAT"."OFROSTERGROUPS"."GROUPNAME")
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("UCHAT"."OFROSTERGROUPS"."GROUPNAME")

It seems that one client has a roster with a group name which is not set. Unfortunately the logging is poor and does not help to identify the user. This may be improved in an upcoming version.