Error when adding admin from LDAP

Pretty self explanatory, no errors up until this point?

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks in advance!

As i said, i won’t be able to help you with LDAP, but you should post your Profile page from setup or post details that you put there for your LDAP connection (base dn, etc.). Probably Openfire can’t find the user you are trying to put there based on the LDAP query you specified. Then maybe someone with working LDAP setup can comment on your configuration.

Also, does Test runs well on Profile page?

Everything goes well until I try to add the administrator: this is the error that happens in the console

Copied and pasted and a screenshot

http://imageshack.com/a/img42/452/1zy7.jpg

Openfire 3.9.1 [Mar 31, 2014 8:13:31 AM]

Admin console listening at:

http://127.0.0.1:9090

https://127.0.0.1:9091

javax.naming.InvalidNameException: Invalid name: be.local

at javax.naming.ldap.Rfc2253Parser.doParse(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.ldap.Rfc2253Parser.parseDn(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.ldap.LdapName.parse(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.ldap.LdapName.(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapNameParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext.(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveInitialLdapContext.(JiveInitialLdapContext.java :43)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.getContext(LdapManager.java:547)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findUserDN(LdapManager.java:957)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findUserDN(LdapManager.java:910)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp._jspServ ice(setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp.java:176)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:547)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1359)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:478)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:22 7)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:94 1)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:409)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:186 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:875 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:250)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:149)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:349)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:441)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.j ava:936)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:801)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:224)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.jav a:586)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java :44)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Se voce integrou com o LDAP e sabe qual foi o usuario que definiu como administrador tenta fazer este procedimento:

acesse as pasta do servidor que contem o Openfire:

C:\Openfire\conf

no arquivo openfire.xml , abra com o bloco de notas.

Observe que contem esta linha no começo:

Most properties are stored in the Openfire database. A

property viewer and editor is included in the admin console.

–>

AQUI VOCE COLOCA O NOME DO LOGIN DO USUARIO ADMINISTRADOR, SE FOR MAIS DE UM SEPARE POR VIRGULA EX USER,USER1

Agora so substituir as palavras que escrevi pelo login.

estava com este problema e no forum me ajudaram desta forma.

OK, with the aid of Google Translate I was able to comprehend most of that. Here is what I have in my openfire.xml:

Most properties are stored in the Openfire database. A

property viewer and editor is included in the admin console.

–>

It’s much different from yours for the content and the language. Do you know what I should change here?

Thanks!

-Dane

is as follows,

after the

enter the following command

enter the administrator login account Example: USER, USER1

</ AuthorizedUsernames> </ admin>

my openfire like this:

use as a basis for you to dress up, reminding you that you should change the login FERNANDO,user1 I put you to locate, delete and insert the login that you set as administrator.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

FERNANDO,User1

pt_BR

org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider

true

Dane Winkler wrote:

Invalid name: be.local

This is probably the main reason. So does it pass the test on LDAP settings page (Profile)? Post here your LDAP query or a screenshot. When you specify admin, you just put Administrator or Administrator@be.local or how?

When I am on Profile Settings Step 1 (Connection Settings) I fill out all of my information using Server Type: Active Directory, I click on Test Settings and the status bar says “Waiting for 127.0.0.1” and then nothing happens. No completion and no error. I hit save and continue, every test after that does the same thing.
Then I get the error when trying to add the administrator.