Error when clicking on user/Group tab in the admin console

I am running openfire Openfire 3.10.0 on my ubuntu server and all seems to be working except for the fact that I can’t see the list of users subscribed to my server in the admin console.When I click on it I get this error:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /user-summary.jsp. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Domain cannot be null at org.xmpp.packet.JID.<init>(JID.java:512) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager.getActiveSessionCount(SessionManager.java:970) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.isAvailable(PresenceManagerImpl.java:98) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.user_002dsummary_jsp._jspService(user_002dsummary_jsp.java:266) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:808) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669) at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118) at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:50) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:159) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143) at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:497) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:310) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

This might be due to the fact that my server is not restarting correctly.This is what I have done

1.Installed the latest version of openfire(3.10.0) on my ubuntu 14.04 server
2.Configured it to use my public ip address as the domain (my resolvable domain wasn't available yet),I also configured it to use the mysql database located at the same public Ip address.Here all was working fine and my admin console was working fine.

3.When the resolvable domain became available ,I configured openfire to use it as the domain,
  The network.interface was the public Ip and I changed that to the resolvable domain I also adjusted the xmpp.domain to that domain.

4.I went and changed the interface tag to the public domain in the openfire.xml file and restarted openfire.

My users could still login ,and all the changes could be reflected in the database ,It is just the web admin that is not showing the user/Groups.It also says that there are no sessions when I have users actually loged in and exchanging messages.

I am issuing the

**./openfire restart **

in my terminal and it is saying that it has restarted.But when I log in in the web admin it says that for a few days(since my first clean install).

I would appreciate it if somebody helped point out what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you for your time.

I would try to rerun a setup and specify new domain name this way, than editing xmpp.domain part for an already setup server.

Stop the server, edit openfire.xml and change the last tag to false. Run Openfire and run the web setup again (it shouldn’t alter your database).