Error While Starting Up Jive with Asterisk-IM

Hello,

I have getting the following exceptions in the admin-console.log when I start-up Jive with the Asterisk IM.

Also, I am able to subsequently connect via a Trillian Client to the JIVE Server and exchange IM messages, but don’'t see the VoIP parts enabled. I have verified that I am correctly specifying the User/Asterisk Mapping. Interestingly, I keep seeing “Socket closed exceptions” in the error.log when the Trillian PRO client attaches to the Jive Server.

In summary the following steps have been completed:

a) Jive and Asterisk-IM plugin have been installed and started-up.

b) Manager logged in message is seen in Asterisk CLI from Jive.

c) Asterisk-IM mapping is specified in Jive (though there are bugs with regard to accessing the pages. However directly typing in the url does the job …asterisk-im/phone-settings.xyz and phone-users.xyz.

d) The Trillian client registers with Jive server (and says user logged in).

e) However VoIP connectivity does not work.

I am using two extentions setup via IAX2 protocol, which I have tested using the jIAXClient separately to ensure there is no Asterisk conf related issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

GP

Any help is much appreciated in advance.

22:13:08.552 WARN!! [pool-1-thread-1] net.sf.ehcache.config.Configurator.configure(Configurator.java:126) >22> No configuration found. Configuring ehcache from ehcache-failsafe.xml found in the classpath: jar:file:/opt/jive_messenger/plugins/asterisk-im/lib/ehcache.jar!/ehcache-fails afe.xml

22:13:10.559 ERROR! [pool-1-thread-1] org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:129) >16> could not get database metadata

java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.DatabaseMetadata.initSequences(DatabaseMetadata.java :113)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.DatabaseMetadata. could not complete schema update

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.DatabaseMetadata.initSequences(DatabaseMetadata.java :113)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.DatabaseMetadata.(DatabaseMetadata.java:39)

at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:124)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.database.HibernateUtil.updateDB(HibernateUtil.java:186)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.init(AsteriskPlugin.java:105)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.initializePlugin(AsteriskPlugin. java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:273)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.jav a:49)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginMana ger.java:636)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Did you install the Asterisk Beta 4 plugin on a pre-2.3.0 based Jive Messenger server? There have been some changes to the administration panel setup in 2.3.0, which forced all the plugins to be adapted somewhat. There have been several posts here that state that running a ‘‘new’’ plugin on an ‘‘old’’ server causes the administration panel to be warped - that’'s what you seem to describe under ©.

As far as I know, that shouldn’‘t stop the Asterisk-IM plugin from functioning correctly, but it adds another set of exceptions in the mix. Could you verify if you’'re running the correct set of installations (JM 2.3.0 or later and Asterisk-IM beta 4)?

Guus,

Thanks for your reply. I installed the Jive_Messenger 2_2_2 rpm on Fedora Linux.

The Asterisk-IM is 1, Beta 4.

I installed all of this software 2 days back based on the jar and rpm files in the download links at this site.

Basically, I see two exceptions:

a) The JDBC related one when JIve starts-up

b) The socket connection closed exception when Trillian connects to the Jive server.

Thanks in advance for your help,

GP

Which database are you using. You need to either remove the phone* tables or recreate you entire database. Hibernate is complaining because it isn’'t able to update its tables because of schema changes.

Releases after version 1.0 will provide migration paths between upgrades, but because of the fluctuation of the beta releases we decided to wait until the final release was out.

–Andrew

Hello All,

I’'m having a similar issue using Wildfire 2.4.0 (embedded-db) and Asterisk-IM 1.0

The Log shows:----

2005.12.18 02:23:03 Asterisk-IM table contains errors exited with error, database may not behave properly

2005.12.18 02:23:03 Asterisk-IM table creation --> Table not found in statement

Am I doing someting wrong?

Hi,

the embedded database seems to have a bug which one will hit while using some hibernate classes.

Asterisk-IM.jar includes a hibernate3.jar file, you may want to download http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hibernate/hibernate-3.1.zip?download and extract the hibernate3.jar file, then replace the existing one with it.

I assume that this is not a recommended or official way to fix this problem, but it did work for me.

Bug reference: http://opensource2.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-608?page=history

LG

Replacing hibernate3.jar solved my problem, thanks for the tip.