Error with SSL certificate: Cannot recover key

Hi all,

I’'m using wildfire 2.6.2 with Tomcat 5.5.17 and JVM Bea JRockit 1.5.0.

I’'ve configured my own self signed SSL certificate by following the guide :

http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/ssl-guide. html

I’'ve also changed the passwords of keystore and truststore to ‘‘wildfire’’ and added the following properties to wildfire :

xmpp.socket.ssl.active true

xmpp.socket.ssl.keypass wildfire

xmpp.socket.ssl.port true

xmpp.socket.ssl.trustpass wildfire

This has worked correctly at the beginning, but for several hours it fails when I start the server I got the following error :

2006.05.06 10:12:24 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SSLJiveServerSocketFactory.getInstance(SSLJiveServ erSocketFactory.java:53)

java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

at sun.security.provider.KeyProtector.recover(KeyProtector.java:301)

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineGetKey(JavaKeyStore.java:120)

at java.security.KeyStore.getKey(KeyStore.java:731)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunX509KeyManagerImpl.(SSLConfig.java:76)] SSLConfig startup problem.

storeType:

keyStoreLocation: /usr/local/wildfire/wildfire-2.6.2/resources/security/keystore

keypass:

trustStoreLocation: /usr/local/wildfire/wildfire-2.6.2/resources/security/truststore

trustpass:

java.io.IOException: Cannot recover key

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SSLJiveServerSocketFactory.getInstance(SSLJiveSer verSocketFactory.java:54)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SSLConfig.(XMPPServer.java:142)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPContextListener.contextInitialized(XMPPContextLis tener.java:32)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:372 9)

2006.05.06 10:12:25 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl.startClientSSLListeners(Conn ectionManagerImpl.java:205) Could not setup SSL socket

java.io.IOException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SSLConfig.createServerSocket(SSLConfig.java:148)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SSLSocketAcceptThread.(XMPPServer.java:142)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPContextListener.contextInitialized(XMPPContextLis tener.java:32)

I can’'t neither access the admin section about ‘‘Security Settings’’, I get a blank screen.

It seems my certificate are still available when I query it with keytool:

keytool -list -keystore keystore -storepass wildfire

Keystore type: jks

Keystore provider: SUN

Your keystore contains 1 entry

www.objectweb.org, May 4, 2006, keyEntry,

Certificate fingerprint (MD5): 14:A9:E8:82:82:E6:89:01:03:47:D7:F5:2C:38:9F:4E

Does somebody know where I am wrong ?

Thanks a lot and thank you for this great server !

Xavier MOGHRABI

Message was edited by: moghrabi