Errors logged in Wildfire 2.5.0

I’'m running Wildfird 2.5.0 on Windows Server 2003 connected to a SQL 200 DB on the same server.

My users authenticate via AD and Spark 1.1.1 and I have LDAP vCard info imported.

The error log is showing the following errors faily consistently.

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:139)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:126)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2006.02.27 14:40:40 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159)

] Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/10.0.0.59,port=3579,localport=5269]

2006.02.27 14:43:51 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.saveQueuedPackets(AuditorImpl.j ava:198)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.access$100(AuditorImpl.java:32)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audit orImpl.java:181)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

2006.02.27 14:51:51 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.saveQueuedPackets(AuditorImpl.j ava:198)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.access$100(AuditorImpl.java:32)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audit orImpl.java:181)

2006.02.27 14:53:51 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

2006.02.27 14:55:51 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

2006.02.27 14:57:51 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

Everything “seems” to be working OK but I don’'t recall lots of errors before.

any ideas?

thanks

Steve

Hey Steve,

Can you send me the complete error.log file? I think that there was an initial error while trying to log an audited packet that left the auditor in an unrecoverable state. I modified the auditor to try to recover from the previously unrecoverable state but I still would like to identify the initial error.

Thanks,

– Gato

do you want me to email it to you or just post it/upload it here?

steve

Hey steve,

It depends on the file size. If it’'s too big just send it to me by email.

Thanks,

– Gato

I have emailed it as I wasn’'t sure I could upload a zip file to the forum and just pasting it was too huge

Hey Steve,

That’'s fine. BTW, this is the original error that I found in the log.

2006.02.27 09:05:49 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.saveQueuedPackets(AuditorImpl. java:202)

] Internal server error

java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Program Files\Jive Messenger\logs\jive.audit-0.log (The system cannot find the path specified)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.rotateFiles(AuditorImpl.java:17 0)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.prepareAuditFile(AuditorImpl.ja va:112)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.saveQueuedPackets(AuditorImpl.j ava:194)

The problem is that the path D:\Program Files\Jive Messenger\logs is incorrect (i.e. does not exist). To update the path you will need to log into the admin console and click on “Message Audit Policy”. Restart the server after making that modification.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

– Gato

Thanks for that, that’‘s one error fixed, I’'m still seeing the following errors every few minutes in the log now.

] Internal server error

2006.03.01 16:46:00 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

2006.03.01 16:48:00 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

2006.03.01 16:50:00 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

2006.03.01 16:52:00 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

2006.03.01 16:54:00 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audi torImpl.java:184)

] Internal server error

any ideas?

steve