Exception thrown from spark growl plugin on mac

Hi,

I built Spark sources version (2.5.8) from svn repository; then run the built application on my mac Leaopard 10.5 .my Spark built application seems to work fine.

on my Mac desktop I went to growl applications Tab : Indeed i found there is an application “Spark”.

however in my command line trace i noticed that Spark application throws an error exception :

org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/cocoa/foundation/NSDictionary at
com.jivesoftware.spark.plugin.growl.GrowlMessageListener.(GrowlMessageList ener.java:40) at
com.jivesoftware.spark.plugin.growl.GrowlPlugin.initialize(GrowlPlugin.java:29)
…more

this is probably a warning that growl plugin for my spark built application is not working properly.i believe this is due to growl unable to process events sent from Spark application.

i make sure that both apple.jar and growl.jar are in the plugin directory of spark application.

i suspect either apple.jar doesn’t contain all necessary cocoa java classes or probably this apple.jar file should be put in a very specific location so growl plugin can find it …i’m not sure.

can someone please give me a hint of what could be the cause of the exception error posted above?

I’m trying to get growl plugin work with my compiled & built spark version under Mac…any help is much appreciated.

thanks.

any Idea how to fix this problem ?

where can i find docs and resources about growl spark plugin ?

any help is much appreciated.