Export embedded database

Hello,

At present I have Openfire 3.4.4 installed with a Embedded Database, running on Windows XP, it is a trial system, and has a few users on their (about 10)

All the users use LDAP to authenticate, and we use the embedded Database

Now we are ready to roll this out, to members of our organistaion, and we have decided to run Openfire on CentOs, with a MySql DB.

I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to migrate the existing users Roster etc that is stored in the Windows trial version to the Centos Version.

I have read various discussion on this community about how to do this, including using the export import tool, however for some reason on the Windows Machine it does not want to export the users, downloading to a file, it goes to 101% and says that it can’t find the file export-user-data.jsp

printing it to the screen causes this error

I have gone into the opefire.script, and tried to copy the (what looks like) SQL into MySql, however it causes this error

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘MEMORY TABLE JIVEUSER(USERNAME VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,PLAINPASSWORD VARCHAR(32),EN’ at line 1

``

So I am now I am all out of ideas - and wondered if anyone else has any ideas maybe.

Look forward to what you guys have to say

Hi,

to create the tables within MySQL you should use the supplied MySQL script. Then it should be possible to run the embedded-db script within MySQL - but make sure to skip the first 40-100 lines with the “CREATE TABLE …” statements.

LG

Thanks for your answer, unfortunatly that causes an error

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO JIVEUSERPROP VALUES(‘username_2’,‘filterAIM’,‘gateway-registrations=1’)

’ at line 2

The code in question is

INSERT INTO JIVEROSTER

VALUES ( 44, ‘username_1’, username_1@server’, 3 , -1 , -1, ‘friendly_name_for_buddy’ )

INSERT INTO JIVEROSTER

VALUES ( 45, ‘username_2’, ‘username_2@server’, 3 , -1 , -1, ‘friendly_name_for_buddy’ )

<code>

Any

</code>

Thanks for your answer,

Intially the full code causes a timeout, so I copied and pasted part of it, which causes the error below

unfortunatly that causes an error

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO JIVEUSERPROP VALUES(‘username_2’,‘filterAIM’,‘gateway-registrations=1’)

’ at line 2

The code in question is

INSERT INTO JIVEROSTER

VALUES ( 44, ‘username_1’, username_1@server’, 3 , -1 , -1, ‘friendly_name_for_buddy’ )

INSERT INTO JIVEROSTER

VALUES ( 45, ‘username_2’, ‘username_2@server’, 3 , -1 , -1, ‘friendly_name_for_buddy’ )

I then tried a further bit of code (higher up) and it caused an error again, It seems the code is faulty - is this correct or do I need to do something to it.

Any ideas?