External Components Problem!

I am configure pymsnt for Jive Messenger , Below is a list of connected external components to this server

1 msn.zhuam MSN Transport gateway msn 下午5:01 下午5:02

List last updated: 2005-7-4 17:04:31

but I am login to Exodus , not able to Register Msn Number !!

thanks !

zhuam

Hey zhuam,

Could you press F12 to open the Exodus debugger window? I would like to know the answer PyMSNt is sending you when you try to register with the gateway. Remember that when registering with the gateway you need to provide the MSN account you would normally use with your MSN client (i.e. include the @hotmail.com extension).

Regards,

– Gato

I am Looking for Msn Service to Exodus is OK, but register msn number function is disabled !

Hey zhuam,

Is the Register menu option disabled for the MSN gateway? Could you press F12 to open the Exodus debugger window? I would like to know the disco answer that the gateway is answering to your client.

Thanks,

– Gato

Hey Gato,

I’‘ve got the same problem as zhuam. Register is greyed out. Only I’'m using Psi…

This is what I’'m getting back from the server (nightly build 2005-07-04 linux).

/code

Hey gepatto,

Thanks for the XML feedback. I tried with Psi 0.9.3 and the register menu option was enabled for me. So I compared the XML that you are getting with the one I’‘m getting and the only difference I found was that yours is including xmlns=“jabber:component:accept” whilst mine is not including any namespace. However, I’'m not sure if that could be the reason for this problem. Could you try posting this question to the Psi forums? Maybe they can help us understand why the register menu option is disabled having received the above XML packet.

Thanks,

– Gato

Hey Gato !

1\ Is the Register menu option disabled for the MSN gateway?

Yes , register menu option disabled .

2\ Could you press F12 to open the Exodus debugger window?

SENT:

zhuam

null

SENT:

Hey Gato,

I tried hooking up the PyMSNT to a jabber-1.4.3 server, and that works.

However there’'s no xmlns namespace attribute in the iq-packet.

so that really seems to be the problem.

Is this attribute is added by Jive to packets from external components?

I’‘ll post a question as to why Psi won’'t register in their Forum.

grtz

Gepatto

Hey guys,

I think that the namespace problem has been fixed. Could you try tomorrow again using tomorrow’'s nightly build?

Thanks,

– Gato

Hey Gato

nightly 2005-07-09 works like a charm.

I can now connect and register with every client I have (psi,exodus,pandion)

Sweet

Gepatto