Extract addtional Presence information

I have searched the forums and can’‘t quite seem to find what I’'m after.

I am trying to develop an internal in/out status board using the presence plug-in and a webpage. I’'d like to have the page setup to pull items from an employee database and then also pull the presence information from the Jive Messenger Presence Plug-in.

It would roughly look like this:

(Presence Filter?)

How can I get the information out if Jive to fill in the Away Message? I am using the HDBC database, so perhaps that is what makes this more of a pain. I would assume it would be easier if I just started using MySQL and pulled info straight out of the DB, but I don’‘t think my environment calls for that level of DB usage. The web server is on another box, so it’'s either going to be a JDBC or ODBC connection back to the box running Jive.

Any thoughts or pointers to resources would be greatly appreciated…

For the record… The Jive Messenger rocks!!!

Message was edited by:

mfunk

Hi Micheal,

You can actually get the info you’‘re looking for via the presence plugin, you’'ll just have to use the XML option. So a “query” like this:

http://example.com:9090/plugins/presence/status?jid=admin@example.com&type=xml9090/plugins/presence/status?jid=admin@example.com&type=xml

would result in a result like this:

/code

Which you could then parse to get to the status element.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Sometimes you look to hard to see the answer. You are 100% correct!!!

I never switched the status when I tagged the XML version, so I didn’'t really see anything special…

Thanks!!!