Facing issues after upgrading OpenFire Version from 4.6.8 and 4.7.5

Today, I upgraded my OpenFire Version from 4.6.8 to 4.7.5. After this I observed the messages are not loading in my application. They are there in the database but they are not showing in the chatbox. If I revert back it works fine and messages load.

Does anyone know what could be the reason?
In logs I am getting the below error

Exception in thread "httpbind-worker-2" Exception in thread "httpbind-worker-5" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.MUCRoom, but interface was expected
at com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.xep0313.IQQueryHandler.handleIQ(IQQueryHandler.java:160)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MultiUserChatServiceImpl.process(MultiUserChatServiceImpl.java:519)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MultiUserChatServiceImpl.processPacket(MultiUserChatServiceImpl.java:402)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponents.process(InternalComponentManager.java:863)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routeToComponent(RoutingTableImpl.java:541)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.java:354)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:340)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:105)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:74)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionPacketRouter.route(SessionPacketRouter.java:104)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionPacketRouter.route(SessionPacketRouter.java:63)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.websocket.StreamManagementPacketRouter.route(StreamManagementPacketRouter.java:61)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.websocket.XmppWebSocket.lambda$processStanza$2(XmppWebSocket.java:292)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.MUCRoom, but interface was expected
at com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.xep0313.IQQueryHandler.handleIQ(IQQueryHandler.java:160)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MultiUserChatServiceImpl.process(MultiUserChatServiceImpl.java:519)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MultiUserChatServiceImpl.processPacket(MultiUserChatServiceImpl.java:402)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponents.process(InternalComponentManager.java:863)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routeToComponent(RoutingTableImpl.java:541)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.java:354)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:340)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:105)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:74)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionPacketRouter.route(SessionPacketRouter.java:104)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionPacketRouter.route(SessionPacketRouter.java:63)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.websocket.StreamManagementPacketRouter.route(StreamManagementPacketRouter.java:61)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.websocket.XmppWebSocket.lambda$processStanza$2(XmppWebSocket.java:292)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This problem is most likely caused by using an outdated version of the Monitoring plugin. After you upgrade that plugin and restart Openfire, the issues should go away.

@guus Thanks that worked

1 Like