Failure to connect 127.0.0.1:9090

I have installed OpenFire4.0.2 on LinuxMint 17.1. Webserver is working because 127.0.0.1 is accessible and shows “Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page”. But 127.0.0.1:9090 failure to connect. Why?

Is it running though? Openfire is not related to Apache. Check netstat -a if anything is listening on 9090.

Should I run openfirectl or openfire?

openfire

Although this way it will run in console. Eventually you will want to run it as a service.

Ok. It works now but another error occures when I loaded http://127.0.0.1:9090/setup/setup-admin-settings.jsp :

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /setup/setup-admin-settings.jsp. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException

The corresponding errors should be logged in <openfire_home>/logs/all.log What’s in there?

Also, try running the setup in a different browser, or in “incognito mode” (if your browser supports it). If that makes a difference, I’d be interested to know what browser you’re using.

Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome make the same error.

There are some records in the log:

ERROR [pool-1-thread-1]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin - An exception occurred while trying to make available the admin console via HTTPS.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.startup(AdminConsolePlug in.java:144)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(AdminCo nsolePlugin.java:244)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :447)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :68)

and so on.

I use:

java version “1.7.0_95”

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.4) (7u95-2.6.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.95-b01, mixed mode)

Upgrade to 1.8.0 version of Java. Openfire 4.0.2 doesn’t work with java 7.

Thank you it works now. But it is good idea to write here: Openfire: Installation Guide that openfire4.0.2 needs java8.

Do you have any other user on the server that you know password of?

I have decided it. Thanks.