Fastpath and openfire 3.6.4

We had an issue with the openfire server where it refused to login users in and refused to allow anyone into the admin console, I set the openfire.xml setup to false and went through the setup again and everything began working again but now fastpath is not working at all. I have went as far as removing and reinstalling fasthpath plugins. Fastpath is on the same server as the openfire server. The error I’m getting now is

warn.log

Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: openfire.pixius.com. Connection: org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketConnection@873c41 socket: Socket[addr=/10.2.11.61,port=57426,localport=5269] session: null

Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: chat.example.com. Connection: org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketConnection@873c41 socket: Socket[addr=/192.168.1.200,port=57426,localport=5269] session: null

2011.02.03 11:50:04 Could not retrieve image: offline

remote-server-not-found(404)

at com.jivesoftware.smack.workgroup.user.Workgroup.getChatSettings(Unknown Source)

at com.jivesoftware.smack.workgroup.user.Workgroup.getChatSettings(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.webchat.util.SettingsManager.getImage(SettingsManager.java:147 )

at org.jivesoftware.webchat.FastpathServlet.service(FastpathServlet.java:174)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi ngFilter.java:45)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:829)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)

at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

**I changed the hostname and ip address for privacy reasons.

Is the host entry listed in /etc/hosts different from the IP address openfire runs on? Seems this is related to the error… or what does the DNS entry resolve to?

The IP resolves to the local server which is the openfire server. I forgot to add I even added the hostname to the /etc/hosts and the same error occured.

Does your XMPP Domain match (e.g. hostname entry)? If not, this is also a common resulting error.

My XMPP domain is chat.example.com also. I’ve made sure that everything matches.

From the Admin Console, first page after login, what is the “Server Name” set to under Server Properties, and what is the “Host Name” set to under Environment?

Wow I’m a fool, I was going through this so fast I over looked this part. The server name is example.com while the hostname is chat.example.com . Is the server name changed in the database? If so I am using a MSSQL DB , and I was not able to find the proper table that houses the server name or is it in a xml file. I was not able to find material that discussed changing the server name.

Haha no worries, key contributor Sixthring must have replied to many similar forum posts in the past. It is an issue that genuinely comes up almost every week.

Try editing the “xmpp.domain” System Property within the Admin Console. The configuration of the server has been updated to focus there, instead of in openfire.xml or within the database itself.

“xmmp.domain” is set to chat.example.com.

OK, does restarting openfire change it?

Thank you, this appeared to work. I believed that I had restarted the service , but that appears to not have been the case. It is now functioning again, and I thank you.

Thank you to everyone else that responded also. Have a good weekend.