Fastpath not opening queue for agents

i have fastpath installed and i have the fastpath web agent installed, the newest versions of both. I am having problems when a user goes into the webchat online and sends in a queue. The agents are notified that someone is requesting a chat and when you click accept nothing is happening. It just sits there like nobody answered it. The user just sees that they are in line and someone will be there shortly. Its like its not passing the information over fully to spark.

I get this too, Openfire 3.6.2, current revs of fastpath. I can fill in the form and get ‘queued’, from Spark2.5.8 I can see the entry queued in the ‘Queue Activity’ list but no popups come to the client. Probably related is that allthough I am logged into Openfire through Spark, it is not listing me as an Online Agent…

Further to previous. there appear two distinct problems:

1. Agent ‘online’ status doesnt show locally in Spark 2.5.8

2. Popup notifications dont work with Spark 2.5.8 on my linux os, Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64 with Java 1.6.0_10, if one runs Spark2.5.8 in windoze, the popup notification appears, can be accepted and the chat may continue.

my problem is that you can go to the site and fill out the form and it sticks you in a queue and you sit there. A popup notifcation appears for agents to accept the chat queue request and when the agent clicks yes nothing happens.

I have the same problem you describe and have been through numerous versions. In fact yesterday we had six incidents that a user filled out the web form, was placed in a queue, the agent picked up and the user never joined the room. All I can see in the logs is this.

at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:843 )
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi ngFilter.java:45)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at org.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.queue_jsp._jspService(queue_jsp.java:75)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.actions.ChatStarter.startSession(ChatStarter.java:256)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.ChatSession.joinQueue(ChatSession.java:240)
at com.jivesoftware.smack.workgroup.user.Workgroup.joinQueue(Unknown Source)
at com.jivesoftware.smack.workgroup.user.Workgroup.joinQueue(Unknown Source)
No response from the server.:
2008.12.22 12:07:18 Unable to join chat queue.

The sad part is that I paid for support for two years and still don’t have this resolved :frowning:

Does anyone know what the problem is? I have re-created the fastpath queue and I am still having problems. The spark client is not showing the agent online and does not popup the chat window after the agent has clicked accept. It is also still leaving the client showing they are waiting in the queue and not sending them to the chat after the agent accepts it.

Fastpath openfire requirements:

• Server name must be a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) that can be resolved via the internet
  • xmpp.domain must match FQDN
  • server certificates must match FQDN
  • port 5269 open through firewall
  • port 9090 open through firewall if host on openfire and not seperate server
  • normal chat ports for spark open through firewall

its not even working on the internal network. it should work internally but it doesnt so what does that leave?