Fastpath Quick Start Guide

This guide provides a starting point for setting up your Fastpath workgroups and other configuration settings.

Thanks for the guide, very helpful.

Does the current fastpath plugin also include the customer webchat application? If yes where do I find it?

You can still download the webchat from the commercial plugins section, but yes, I just noticed that webchat wasn’t available as an open source plugin after posting the releases. =/ I’m investigating that today, so you should see a solution soon. Honestly, I don’t recall if the currently webchat.war requires an enterprise license or not.

It seems to work without a license but I get an exception in Openfire’s error.log resulting in the webchat to think no agent is not available:

2008.04.25 15:11:06 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandler.java:110)] java.lang.AbstractMethodError
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEventDispatcher.java:79)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQBindHandler.handleIQ(IQBindHandler.java:140)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:49)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:349)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:68)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:299)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler.java:79)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:264)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:163)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandler.java:133)
     at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)
     at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:299)
     at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:53)
     at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
     at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80)
     at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:299)
     at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:53)
     at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
     at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.java:58)
     at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:180)
     at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java:239)
     at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(ExecutorFilter.java:283)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
     at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

i’m getting this behaviour too with the opensource plugin. .the fastpath seems to think that there’s no agent available no matter if it’s

1 Like

same here, not seeing agents.

1 Like

Hey guys, I love this plug, it has been just what I’ve been looking for for my small operation to give me an edge.

I have one request though…is it possible to add the ability that when a customer uses the live chat button on my website to enter the que that an email can be sent? Since I and my supoprt staff all work from home/various locations, it would be great if they could get a message on their phone when someone enters the queue so if they are not in front of their computer at that time they can here the alert.

I’ve tried finding a way to add an email command to one of the jsp pages with no luck, I’ve got no experience in jsp programming, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, in my mind it’s a simple thing, althouh I’m sure it can be made into a great feature with more options, but for me I jsut need a way of sending an email to one address when someone enters the queue.

Thanks!

Hello.

I try to download file, but unsuccessfully. Only me have this problem or somebody else? May be, some mirror present?

Anyone find solutions for the OFFLINE issue yet?