Fastpath status icon in Joomla

I"m losing my mind trying to figure out how to put the chat icon on my joomla page. The best thing I came up with was to create a mod_wrapper with the url of my site \webchat. It works but lists the entire page (BLAH!) has to be a better way to do it.

I’ve seen the listings for a joomla plugin…doesn’t seem to valid any longer.

Please can someone shed some light on this for a serious noob!

I tried this in an article in joomla. The editor changed most of the code to reflect my NAT ip address (LOL). with some serious playing around I was able to get the chat window to show up but it was all wrong…

The hunt continues

challenging to say the least for a newb…can anyone steer me in the right direction? PLEASE???

installed the JCE editor and tried some scripts…notta!

I wont give up…

I had this working, but just noticed today that it dissapeard!

You need to use “No Editor” in order to paste the script without it being mangled/modified by mce (or whatever editor). YOu can’t just toggle editors either, you need to go to user settings and select it as yourdefault.

It was working fine for me and suddenly it dissapeared. I think making a module for this should be fairly simple and if I get to that today, I’ll post it here.

I know this is an old thread and you all may be past this by now, but as promised, I hacked together a Joomla! 1.5 module. Will convert to 1.6 & 1.7 as soon as I figure that part out.

It can be downloaded here: http://markpiontek.com/mod_fastpath_icon.zip