Fastpath-webchat setup null pointer exception

Hi all,

We’ve been running Openfire for a while, and I’ve been asked to look into solutions similar to what FastPath does, so I thought I’d get fastpath going and try that first. However, when I go to setup the webclient (from the fastpath->tools tab in the admin interface), I get the following error 500 and stack trace:

2008.12.09 23:03:46 /webchat/setup-index.jsp
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.setup_002dindex_jsp.jspService(setup_002dindex jsp.java:76)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi ngFilter.java:45)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:843 )
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

At first glance I thought it was the same as some other problems people had reported setting up the fastpath webchat, but upon looking at the traces a little closer, most of those complained about a missing Java compiler, whereas mine seems to be compiling things fine, only to run into a null pointer exception.

I’m running Java 1.5.0_14-b03 (from packages) on Debian/etch. Does anyone have any idea what’s causing this problem?

Oh, forgot to mention, but we are running openfire 3.6.2 from the Debian package.

Also, just backported the java6 packages from lenny, am now running openfire with 1.6.0_07 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM, same errors occur.

As well, sparkweb can’t connect to my openfire install either. An incorrect password gives a “not authorized” error, but a correct password causes sparkweb to just reload the page and reset its state.