Feature Request - Audit Log

Hi.

It would be great if the audit log content should be available at the same screen as other logs are (logs menu option). It would help a lot.

Thanks, this software rocks!

Hi Alex,

I’'m in the process of developing a plugin that will enable the searching and viewing of audit data. Since the size and number of the logs can be extremely large displaying audit data like that of the error/warn/info logs tends to break down. So, the interface will probably end up looking similar to the url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/search!default.jspasearch page[/url] on these forums.

I’'ll be sure to keep people updated as work progresses.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hi ryang,

I really need yur plugin badly because my user need to see those data. Especially when there is some miscommunication and etc.

Keep up the good work.

Thanx

Hi tkong,

I have not had a chance to spend much time on this plugin. Hopefully my schedule will open up a bit over the next week or so and I’'ll have a chance to work on it some more.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello ryang,

I am not in as urgent of a situation but I do have a few “wishes” for when you have the time to do this whether it be the next week or next month.

Going further than the forum search:

a) Allow user specified date ranges:

start-date: 2005-10-19 22:10 / end-date: 2005-11-05 13:08

(This allows to select a more precise slice of time than the forum which is always from N days ago until now)

b) Search based on multiple to/from users:

From users: all (or user001,002,003) / To users: all (or user005,006,007)

(This allows more precision in tracking down one piece of forgotten information, ie: User001:“I can’'t remember what that e-mail address was but I told user005,006 or 007 about 2 months ago”)

c) Regular expression searching:

Search terms: {1,64}@[a-zA-Z0-9._-]{4,255}

Use Regular Expressions:

(Something along those lines to find e-mail addresses and yes I realize that could have been written much better but it was just meant as a quick example)

Some of these may be a bit excessive but they are all things I would see myself wanting down the road. Let me know what your thoughts are when you have the chance. (Read: I am really not in a hurry, just wanted to get my two cents in before the plugin was finished)

Thanks !

RioGD

Hi ryang,

Its ok…hope it won’'t be drag too long. Will wait for ya good news.

Regards,

tkong