Fields returned by user search (using LDAP)

Hi there,

I am having some trouble understanding how Openfire “decides” which fields to return for a user search query when you set ldap.searchFields. I’d like to put in a few additional search fields in the user search and have done so by adding <searchFields>Surname/sn,Firstname/givenName,Email/mail,Location/l</se archFields> to my config. However, before I did this, I was always getting JID, Fullname and Email address returned by the service. Now, all I get is JID and Email which is not very useful to the user. Any ideas how I can get at least the name of the user displayed in the search results?

Thanks.

Mark

Getting slightly closer: I’ve noticed the following entries in the Warning log:

2008.05.28 23:26:33

Missing resource for key: advance.user.search.surname in locale en

23:26:33 Missing resource for key: advance.user.search.firstname in

locale en

2008.05.28 23:26:33 Missing resource for key:

advance.user.search.location in locale en

It seems that somewhere you should be able to set a mapping between search field and resultset field. Not sure how or where though.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have a similar problem, I’m trying to search using first and surnames, in plugins/search/i18n/search_i18n.properties I’ve added

advance.user.search.firstname=Firstname

advance.user.search.surname=Surname

and the warning message has gone and I get the Surname and Firstname description on the search form, but I still don’t get the surname and firstname returned in the results.

Maurice