I am having some trouble understanding how Openfire “decides” which fields to return for a user search query when you set ldap.searchFields. I’d like to put in a few additional search fields in the user search and have done so by adding <searchFields>Surname/sn,Firstname/givenName,Email/mail,Location/l</se archFields> to my config. However, before I did this, I was always getting JID, Fullname and Email address returned by the service. Now, all I get is JID and Email which is not very useful to the user. Any ideas how I can get at least the name of the user displayed in the search results?
Getting slightly closer: I’ve noticed the following entries in the Warning log:
Missing resource for key: advance.user.search.surname in locale en
23:26:33 Missing resource for key: advance.user.search.firstname in
2008.05.28 23:26:33 Missing resource for key:
advance.user.search.location in locale en
It seems that somewhere you should be able to set a mapping between search field and resultset field. Not sure how or where though.
I have a similar problem, I’m trying to search using first and surnames, in plugins/search/i18n/search_i18n.properties I’ve added
and the warning message has gone and I get the Surname and Firstname description on the search form, but I still don’t get the surname and firstname returned in the results.