File Transfer Problem

Greetings Everyone,

I have just setup our corporate IM server using Wildfire. I have been testing the server, and one of the things that I cannot seem to do, is file transfers. I do not have the WF server accessible from the outside, it’'s an internal IM solution only.

Every time a user goes to send a file, it looks like it starts, the other user gets the transfer box request, but when they click save, it automatically comes up saying the connection is canceled.

I have the proxy setup, but that seems to be for external servers, not just for an internal server… any ideas?

Message was edited by: Bladez

I was having a very similar problem. The thing that fixed it for me (no idea why) was to go to “Advanced” on the login screen and then uncheck “automatically detect server” and fill in the server info manually.

I am facing same problem . plz help me. what the client (Exodus) side configuration and server (wildfire 3.1.1) side configuration to send files. i have setup server within same network.

Interesting. Now, I tried switching my client to Gaim and the file transfers are not working again. Anyone have any ideas? It appears to be something with the server and/or network setup. We run a simple network with everyone on the same subnet, so I’‘m not sure why we’'re having this issue.

I also am using Gaim at the office. All my users are using it as well. Now I will say that we are using the Gaim 2.0 beta (4?) that is up on their site. Can anyone confirm if it’'s a Gaim thing or Wildfire thing?

It has to be either a Wildfire or network issue. I have experienced the same problem with multiple clients, including Spark and Gaim.

Can you hit F12 in spark and post the packets being sent when there is a file transfer?

Thanks,

Alex

Sendinghttp://jabber.org/protocol/bytestreamshttp://jabber.org/protocol/ibb

Is that it? There are no other packets exchanged?

Alex

From my Gaim standpoint, if there is anything i can provide to you Alex that will assist, i am more than happy to hook you up. I have not looked into Gaim if there is a debug option somewhere, but if someone knows how to enable it, I can provide logs if they will help.

Actually, after going over my server and enabling the logging features, I noticed this under my error logs:

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.filetransfer.proxy.ProxyConnectionManager$1$1.run(Pro xyConnectionManager.java:107)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.filetransfer.proxy.ProxyConnectionManager.access$100( ProxyConnectionManager.java:39)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.filetransfer.proxy.ProxyConnectionManager.processConn ection(ProxyConnectionManager.java:138)

java.io.IOException: Only SOCKS5 supported

2006.12.14 14:14:16 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.filetransfer.proxy.ProxyConnectionManager$1$1.run(Prox yConnectionManager.java:110) Error processing file transfer proxy connection

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

The file transfer stuff I assume might make sense to a developer. I try to stay away from Java, the caffeine doesn’'t agree with me sometimes…

There is a lot more in my error log, and if you want the full thing I can post it up. Currently, it only seems to be 45 lines, so it’'s small.

Message was edited by: Bladez

I’‘ve been trying to debug this problem also. One thing I’'ve found is that the Gaim Jabber library seems to sometimes add the resource name twice:

For this reason we’‘ve decided not to support Gaim in our deployment (although in some situations it does seem to work fine). With other clients (i.e., Psi, Exodus), we’'re seeing the same thing as the originator of this post: the handshake packets are exchanged, the receiver connects to the sender, starts the SOCKS5 handshake, and then immediately disconnects.

So we decided to try using a Proxy. However, what we’‘re seeing here is that Wildfire is assigning the proxy service name from somewhere. The DNS name of our Wildfire server doesn’‘t match the name that the server is giving to the service. Our server’‘s name is mtapalmas.cie and Wildfire is sending out proxy.messenger.cie, and the clients then try to connect to the host proxy.messenger.cie which doesn’'t exist. So my question here is, how do I configure the name that Wildfire sends out for the proxy service?

I am curious to know what gaim is sending to cause that error… Which version of gaim are you using?

Thanks,

Alex

I have been testing Gaim2 beta 4 and just yesterday I setup two tests of Gaim2 beta 5. I have the problem with both versions.

I’‘m having the same problem, but I’'m using Pandion 2.5

This is the error that I get in the error log

2007.01.04 15:43:29 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.filetransfer.proxy.ProxyConnectionManager$1$1.run(Pr oxyConnectionManager.java:110)

] Error processing file transfer proxy connection

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.filetransfer.proxy.ProxyConnectionManager.processConn ection(ProxyConnectionManager.java:138)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.filetransfer.proxy.ProxyConnectionManager.access$100( ProxyConnectionManager.java:39)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.filetransfer.proxy.ProxyConnectionManager$1$1.run(Pro xyConnectionManager.java:107)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any answers to this would help out greatly. Just a little background on what I’'ve done so far. I changed the logon on the IM client Pandion 2.5 to manual not automatic, No luck. I also changed the file transfer settings in the client to point to the wildfire server name and the port on the file transfer settings on the server. Still no luck

Here are some debug files that I got of my wildfire server. I’'m also having a file transfer problem

Error Log :

2007.01.04 16:03:57 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.filetransfer.proxy.ProxyConnectionManager$1$1.run(Pr oxyConnectionManager.java:110)

] Error processing file transfer proxy connection

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Warn Log

2007.01.03 13:05:23 Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: 153.78.183.94. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@19a19fd socket: Socket[addr=/153.78.183.94,port=2896,localport=5269] session: null

2007.01.03 13:06:26 Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: 153.78.183.94. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@140c3b9 socket: Socket[addr=/153.78.183.94,port=2898,localport=5269] session: null

2007.01.03 13:08:35 Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: 153.78.183.94. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@19c86c5 socket: Socket[addr=/153.78.183.94,port=2912,localport=5269] session: null

2007.01.03 14:06:18 Autocreating jiveID row for type ‘‘125’’

2007.01.04 15:32:40 Closing session due to bad_namespace_prefix in stream header. Prefix: jabber:client. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@c5898a socket: Socket[addr=/153.78.84.89,port=1617,localport=5269] session: null

2007.01.04 15:32:44 Closing session due to bad_namespace_prefix in stream header. Prefix: jabber:client. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@1ccc11d socket: Socket[addr=/153.78.84.89,port=1619,localport=5269] session: null

You may want to check with the Pandion developers as it appears as though they may not be using the standard set out in the XEP.

Thanks,

Alex

Greetings everyone,

Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I’‘d rekindle this one. I just upgraded my 3.1.1 server to the new 3.2.2. I followed the full upgrade instructions from the forums page. Oddly, I still have a file transfer problem, but it’'s slightly different.

I tried first some small files, and noticed that the last few bytes of it never transfered, and I get the error that pops up saying the transfer was canceled, which it wasn’'t. I then tried a very large file (some 300mb), and it transfered, however I got the same problem. It never finished the complete transfer and the file was a few 100kb short when the transfer was mysteriously canceled.

Now granted i upgraded, and technically I could just do a fresh new install, but I don’‘t want to go through the fresh new install if I’'m still going to end up with this xfer problem. Any thoughts?