File-transfere and other questions

well i read ur announcement on the jdev mailman but dident had time to check spark out yet.

I have some other questions about spark:

first of all: the file transfere is it proxied or pear to pear, if its proxied, ->is there something to change n the server side (for example iam actualy developing a IM and it will also has a file transfere solution, but to use that i need to install a proxi transfere like described in JEP 0065, how do YOU make it?

second, is Spark an Java app(programmed in JAVA( i guess so when i read the os compatibility list))?

will spark have video conferencing solutions, if yes , proxied or unproxied?

In your anouncement, what makes spark so secure when other IM´s are unseure?

do u use a way of encoding between clinet and server?

do u even use a secure connection?

would be nice if u have some answheres for me

greetz

Sascha

Sascha,

Thanks for your interest in Spark. Answers to your questions are below:

first of all: the file transfere is it proxied or

pear to pear, if its proxied, ->is there something to

change n the server side (for example iam actualy

developing a IM and it will also has a file transfere

solution, but to use that i need to install a proxi

transfere like described in JEP 0065, how do YOU make

it?

It will use the best method available. That might mean P2P or proxy, but at the worst it will use in-band transfer. So, file transfer should always work if you’‘re talking to another client that supports IBB. IBB also works fine with Jive Messenger and there’‘s nothing to configure. In the future, Jive Messenger will support the more efficient proxy method of file transfer, but that’'s really just about optimization.

second, is Spark an Java app(programmed in JAVA( i

guess so when i read the os compatibility list))?

Yep, Spark is written in Java.

will spark have video conferencing solutions, if yes

, proxied or unproxied?

We’‘d like to support things like VOIP and video in the future, but that won’‘t be in the short term. VOIP would come first, and we’'d use the in-progress JINGLE JEP.

In your anouncement, what makes spark so secure when

other IM´s are unseure?

XMPP requires support for TLS by servers. By default, Spark will use TLS whenever it can. So, client to server connections will almost always be very secure.

Many other XMPP clients and servers are the same – that’'s one of the great things about the XMPP protocol.

Regards,

Matt

Thank you very much for your answers them where realy helpfull

Greetz

Sascha