Fixing SIP Phone plugin, anyone got any suggestions?

Hi All,

I have decided to have a go at fixing the SIP Phone plugin that is currently in use with Spark 2.6.3.

Things that I have noticed at the beginning of my work.

1. Spark 2.5.8 Windows and Mac versions work fine
  2. Spark 2.6.3 Windows makes an initial call but generates huge volumes of outbound traffic. After the first call it hangs Spark.
  3. Spark 2.6.3 Mac fails to make a call after installation. Remove all codec except ulaw and it works well.

Having read the forums and done some initial investigation I am assuming that the problems is Codec related. If not there is certainly some work to be done here anyway.

I will be working mostly in may spare time on this one but I do have a vested interest in getting it to work. I will also include Linux when I have a better grasp of the underlying Sip Phone code.

If anybody has other suggestions then please inform me on this thread.

All the best

Dan Winfield, Voxhub

www.voxhub.co.uk

Juts to add a bit of history. The SIP plugin was not touched while some heavy work was done on Spark during development of version 2.6.3. From my experience of working on the Jingle plugin, it is possible that a few more things other than codec are broken

Thx Dele,

Is there anywhere I can get a summary of the what changes were made without having to go through all the code?

Are you referring to the JMF FMJ work or more than that?

Dan

Correction. I think I got 2.7 mixed up with 2.6.3 for the heavy changes. In any case the links below provide the change logs.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/spark/docs/latest/changelog.html

and

Thanks Dele

2.6.3 doesn’t work properly which looks like it is before the larger changes in 2.7.0

I have been using the SVN version for my testing.

Will let you know how I get on

Dan