Flash connexion security issues ("sandbox") and Jive

My application works fine on jabber.org server when Flash accesses my files locally but not when my files are uploaded to http server. Thanks to this forum, I have learned that was security issue. I have installed Jive and it begins to work : at least I can establish connexion to my jabber server using “crossdomain.xml” file. But my Jabber server seems not compatible with XIFF right now.

Are there any settings / options to set up in Jive so that it works with XIFF ?

Other question, we are developing software but we are not a hosting company. Do you know of any “public” jabber server that would allow XIFF connexions or any hosting company which would accept this on a shared server eendnvironment (or even dedicated ?)

Thanks

But my Jabber server seems

not compatible with XIFF right now.

Are there any settings / options to set up in Jive so

that it works with XIFF ?

You need to set the stream type to “flash” when you run the connect() method of the XMPPConnection class like this:

var con:XMPPConnection = new XMPPConnection();

con.server = server;

con.username = user;

con.password = password;

con.connect(“flash”);

JabberD server uses the default stream type “stream” so that no parameter needs to be passed to the XMPPConnection.connect() method.

The flash stream type just lets the Jive server know that it needs to send and expect NULL byte terminated stanzas as required by the Flash player’'s socket connection.

As for the hosting I’'m not sure on that one. I would be curious if you find someone willing to host Jive on their servers though.

-Chris