Force closing an external component through admin... why does component reconnect automatically?

When I force close an external component that I have built using the Whack API through the Openfire admin page , the component reconnects after about a minute and is displayed on the admin client sessions list as connected again.

My component uses JDBC for MySQL connectivity and on this automatic reconnect, I get

SQLExceptions like MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after statement closed

when I get requests to do queries since the component’s processPacket() is online again but seems like statements are not being prepared correctly again.

To fix this, I think I need to know what methods are being called on reconnect (does it call the components constructor again? the initialize() method?).

My very typical/uninteresting main() that sets the ExternalComponentManager:

public static void main(String args[]){

final ExternalComponentManager manager = new ExternalComponentManager(“localhost”, 5275);
manager.setSecretKey(“blah”, “blah”);
try {
// Register that this component will be serving the given subdomain of the server
manager.addComponent(“blah”, new blah_Component(args[0], args[1], args[2]));
// Quick trick to ensure that this application will be running for ever. To stop the
// application you will need to kill the process
while (true) {
try {
Thread.sleep(500);
} catch (InterruptedException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
} catch (ComponentException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
manager.getLog().error(e);
}