Force Group Membership Refresh from LDAP? [wf 2.5.1]

I have a set of user groups on my AD server that I use to populate people’'s rosters with. I recently removed a user from one of the three groups they were a member of. Wildfire still shows this person as being a member of the group however.

Is there a way I can force Wildfire to refresh it’'s group listings?

Hey mankyd,

For the next release of Wildfire (i.e. 2.6.0) you will be able to clean up the server caches so that the new group information is loaded again from LDAP. This workaround will work for users that are not logged in since the server will not push a new roster to connected users. We still have a week to release Wildfire 2.6.0 and I will try to include a fix for JM-379 that will include a background process that will check LDAP novelties and update cached groups so that loaded rosters are updated.

Meanwhile, your best option is to make all required LDAP changes at once and then have a planned restart of the server.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

– Gato

Awesome thanks. As for a background process, even one that just polls every few minutes would be great.

Perhaps another sugestion to the cache issues with LDAP- Some of us have ldap servers that can handle a good beating- could it be an option to just turn of cache entirely?

Hey Jay,

In fact, the problem is not with the cached groups but with the already built rosters based on groups information. So when a group is modified (not in Wildfire) then wildfire misses that event thus rosters are not updated accordingly.

Regards,

– Gato

Is this related to the issue with presence not updating when using LDAP as a user DB?

Timothy Collett