Force spark?

I was wondering if it was possible to “force” spark to start in the system tray using regedit or maybe edit a config file.

When we push it out, we’‘re gonna push it out to around 150 people, and it’‘s troublesome to run around to all of them, and they don’'t seem to like mail we send out.

Also, is it possible to make all the messages recieved through spark to pop ontop of everything?

Hi Chris,

That feature is already in Spark. Just click on the Preferences under the Spark menu, and select Login. You will see the “Start Spark in System Tray” option there.

Cheers,

Derek

Yes, I know, but I want to be able to set it maybe through regedit or a config file, since we want every user to have this, and we want to set it for them so they won’'t have to. We have alot of elderly people in our LAN, and they are not the best to read instructions

Hi Chris,

do you want to install Spark and then overwrite the initial configuration files (if any)? They are stored in %USERPROFILE%\Spark\

So you could also set some other values.

I assume that this is a painless action, but I don’'t know how Spark will behave - this should be tested.

You should also look at Spark Manager and probably install it. Otherwise the users get “New Version Available” popup’‘s and that’'s really bad news if you have standard users.

LG

Actually, our users have NOT gotten notices about new versions (and that’‘s been tested). I don’‘t know if this is an LDAP peculiarity, or if it’‘s related to the way presence information isn’'t working for us at all . . . .

Hi,

may I assume that your users are using a proxy and have no direct internet connection? Maybe the firewall administrator can now sing a better song about blocked connections which try to check if an update is available

LG

Please see this thread about the window notification: http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=113515&#113515