Gaim issue about reentering/recreating chat room (at Gaim Bug Tracker)

So, i have created bug track at gaim.sf.net about this problem. Details:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100235&aid=1186703&group_id=23 5

Matt, any interest in inviting some of Gaim devs to join our Group Chat?:slight_smile:

I’‘m new to Jive messenger and I’‘m testing Gaim client. I’'m having the same issue with Gaim.

I was able to reenter the chat rooms using Exodus client.

Do you know about other client that can use Jabber and AIM without the chat room problem?

Thanks

not sure about AIM (never used). I’'m only testing for jabber compatibility. You can search for Psi, Miranda(with Jabber protocol), JBother, JAJC. they work fine with JM and chat room. But i dont know if they support AIM:)

Thanks, I’‘ll check these other clients. I’'m also interested in the search plugin and it seems that Miranda supports this feature while Gaim not.

Thanks again for your help!

oh thanks alot

Hi barias,

I’'m also interested in the search plugin and it seems

that Miranda supports this feature while Gaim not.

You are correct, Gaim does not support Jabber Search and in turn the search plugin. As wroot suggested, for the 1.0.5 version of the search plugin I would recommend using Exodus, JAJC, Pandion or Psi.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Do you know about other client that can use Jabber

and AIM without the chat room problem?

You might also try Trillian Pro.

Regards,

Matt

Matt, so Gaim devs say that it’'s problem with Jive:

The reason you’'re unable to rejoin is that Gaim is waiting

for confirmation that you’'ve actually left the room from

the other end. Jive must not be sending that presence packet.

What are your answer to this?

Hey wroot,

I confirmed the problem. We are not sending an unavailable presence to the user that sent the unavailable presence. I’'m now fixing this problem so 2.1.3 can include the fix.

Thanks,

– Gato

Hey guys,

Issue JM-267 has been fixed and it will make it into 2.1.3.

– Gato

Great:) Will test it on Monday;)

im on 2.1.3 now and i try to test it. anyone has already experience with it?

so we tested it with gaim 1.2.1 and everything worked fine till someone with a 1.13 came in but told them to update and now everything works…so thank you alot for the jive update

thanx, Gato:) this bugfix solved rejoin issue with Gaim and with neos too;)