Getting UnknownHostException (dns should resolve root domains?)

Hello,

I am running openfire on a NATed virtual machines. I was able to login as users (using gajim)

and when I added another user, it gives me remote-server-not-found error and stack trace is thrown in the server console,

Error trying to connect to remote server: in(DNS lookup: in:5269)
java.net.UnknownHostException: in
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:185)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It seems the query is empty. Could not figure out what it says. Also i do not have any SRV record registered.

If that is the problem can someone give me list of srv records that need to be registered.

Update:

My domain name is like domain.in. Why the dns lookup happens for “in” instead of “domain.in”?

Also its trying to resolve jivesoftware.com, igniterealtime.org, since my server is isolated it is not resolving them, will that cause a problem?

Thanks,

-Kalyan

I found the problem myself. While configuring I entered the server’s host name instead of domainname.

I uninstalled openfire and reconfigured with the correct domain name and it worked.

Thanks