Glitch in viewing conversation history?

Hello all!

I’'m experiencing a glitch in viewing conversation history.

Currently using Spark 2.5.3 and Wilfire 3.2.2.

I cannot open some of the larger conversation history files for some of the users. Other users that I have minimal conversation will open with no problem, but there are some with over 5mb worth of chats, that will not open.

These are extensive tech support convos that i would still like to be able to reference to.

I can view them in Word, but it just shows the text, not who is saying what. If i try to view it in IE, its shows all of the xml data, but following a convo in this method is very difficult.

Is there an external program that i might be able to use to view the conversation? Or maybe an XML stylesheet that i can use so that i can properly view the convo and then maybe copy it as a text file?

I would hate to lose these records, so if anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Costas

I have no suggestions. But i think me, and a lot of other users, will face that problem soon. It takes hell a lot of time to load some of my conv.history with persons i’'m chatin constantly.

I think, that maybe tabs could be introduced in history window. Because it’'s not really convinient to scroll huge log to find something. There could be a button switching history by day, month and so on. So it would have to load small amount of history every time.

Hi Costas,

it really takes ages to load the files with 100% cpu usage on the client, this seems to be a problem of the XML format and java. Maybe it will be changed to HTML or something else.

You could to add β€œ<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="chatlog.xsl" ?>” to an xml log file and save this as chatlog.xsl - it’'s very simple but for me it fails to display some of the longer log files because they are malformed (probably due to Spark crashes or something else).

<html xsl:version="1.0"
     xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
     lang="en">
     <head>
          <title>Chatlog</title>
     </head>
     <body>
          <table border="1">
               <tr>
                    <th>Date</th>
                    <th>From</th>
                    <th>To</th>
                    <th>Body</th>
               </tr>
               <xsl:for-each select="transcript/messages/message">
                    <tr>
                         <td><xsl:value-of select="date"></xsl:value-of></td>
                         <td><xsl:value-of select="substring-before(from, ''@'')"></xsl:value-of></td>
                         <td><xsl:value-of select="substring-before(to, ''@'')"></xsl:value-of></td>
                         <td><xsl:value-of select="body"></xsl:value-of></td>
                    </tr>
               </xsl:for-each>
          </table>
     </body>
</html>

LG

1 Like

thanks!! that worked. its in table format now, and much easier to read.

Regards,

-Costas