GoJara not working in OpenFire 4.6.2

Hi!

Setting up OpenFire with Spectrum 2 and intended to use the GoJara plugin to add Remote Roster Management, but to no avail. The “current” version doesn’t add any new menues and doesn’t seem to work at all with OpenFire 4.6.2. All of the 2.2.3-SNAPSHOT’s gives me the correct menu items in the admin panel, but clicking any of them renders in a 404 returned.

Found a github issue mentioning this dated one year ago. Thought I’d make a post here just to gain some interest in the issue.

Or is it working for others and I’m doing something wrong?
Can’t really give you any logs since I don’t get any logs in OpenFire.
Something might be wrong with my install after all.

This issue persists. I guess GoJara is quite low priority for the maintainers?
I don’t know any Java, otherwise I would gladly help out.

This issue still persists, even with the newest snapshot release of GoJara and OpenFire 4.7.1.
Is there anything I’m missing or is this a known problem?

Thank you for your persistence. My apologies for dropping the ball on this one.

That particular problem does not get much attention, which is a shame. I must admit that I barely know what functionality it provides. I see some references to the old Kraken plugin, which has been obsoleted. Does this plugin provide other functionality of interest?

In any case, the problem with the admin console pages not showing up is easily fixed. It is addressed in fixes #4: Compile admin pages when building plugin by guusdk · Pull Request #6 · igniterealtime/openfire-gojara-plugin · GitHub and should pop up in the snapshot builds created today (March 23, 2022) onwards.

If you can let us know if this both fixes the problem, and if there indeed remains a reason d’etre for this plugin, then we can push out a maintenance release.

It works! Thank you so much! GoJara implements Remote Rooster Management support (XEP-0321) and helps out with monitoring Spectrum 2 (https://spectrum.im) which is the preferred and most popular way to get other chat protocols bridged to XMPP. Kraken is mentioned since most people transitioned from Kraken to Spectrum 2.

So GoJara most certainly implements functionality of interest for many people, so I’m happy that it’s fixed now. Thanks again @guus :slight_smile:

Good to hear that! We’ll work on making a proper release for this plugin then. Unless I messed up somewhere, this should land shortly.

1 Like

A release has happened.

1 Like