Google talk problems

I have a friend who’'s gmail account is @googlemail.com for some reason. When he tries to sign in, smack throws this exception:

java.lang.Exception: TLS negotiation has failed

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:320)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:42)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:62)

/code

which I can’‘t catch and say “Wrong username or password”. Also, if their username has an @ in it, smack probably shouldn’'t auto append "@gmail.com".

Adam

Are you using the googletalk connection then or the “normal” xmppconnection?

the googletalk connection

you might just try the “normal” XMPPConnection and @gmail.com won’'t be tacked on.

Hi

Did anyone get anywhere with this?

I believe the reason that we now have @googlemail.com ''s is that google have some legal dispute with another firm over here in the UK that already have gmail.co.uk.

Anyway i can connect fine when using my old @gmail.com account, however when i try a new @googlemail.com account i get error 403: username or password not correct.

And the password (and username) is definitely correct!!

I’'ve tried using XMPPConnection to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Message was edited by:

charliesheen

What you are going to want to do in this instance is this:

XMPPConnection connection = new XMPPConnection(“talk.google.com”, 5222, “googlemail.com”);

connection.login(username, password);

/code

where your username is your googlemail less googlemail.com - for instance if it were charliesheen@googlemail.com your username would be charliesheen.

I can’‘t test it out as i don’'t have a googlemail account, so let us know if it works!

Alex

Wow, yes it worked.

That was exactly what i needed.

Thanks for the quick response!!