Group admin?

What I’m looking for should really be something included in an administrator’s guide…

What does checking the option labeled ‘Admin’ for a user under a group’s properties do? I see it updates the database to make a user a ‘Group admin’, the description states “give certain users administrative rights over the group”. However, I do not see any new features in my client (spark, miranda), nor can this user log into the openfire server to make any changes…

Effectively, what is gained by making a user a group admin? How do I make use of it?

Thanks in advance,

–Blake

The group admin option allows that user to act as an admin for group chats, and allows

them to create these chats.

I do not think that is accurate. There is an entirely different location in Openfire to configure Group Chat admins. Plus this option referred to in the original question is not even available to LDAP groups.

blakerwry wrote:

Effectively, what is gained by making a user a group admin? How do I make use of it?

As Gaston Dombiak (lead Openfire developer) just said, those checkboxes do nothing at the moment and probably should be removed in next versions. It was intended for role-based administration system, as i recall. But it was just in plans.

Hi,

Has the role-based admin functionnality been implemented in the latest versions of Openfire?

If not, is it planned to be implemented in a future version ?

Thanks,

Laurent

laurent.vannier wrote:

Has the role-based admin functionnality been implemented in the latest versions of Openfire?

If not, is it planned to be implemented in a future version ?

It wasnt and i doubt it will be soon, if ever. Sorry.