powered by Jive Software

Group Chat History Settings

Hello,

We are using Wildfire version 2.5.1 (Windows), and my question is about the Group Chat History Settings.

My settings are currently set for “Show a specific number of messages”, and I have specified 50.

Here is my question. Some of our Chat Rooms have a low volume of messages posted to them, and my users have asked me if it is possible to have the Chat Room message history reset / cleared on a daily basis, so that the only message history displayed is from the current day only.

Is there a way to accomplish this now? Or is it something that we need to request as a future enhancement?

Thanks very much !

Joe

Hi Joe

You might want to take a look at JM-292 and vote for the feature to get prrority in implementing.

Regards,

wmhtet

Hi Joe,

if you have the urgent need to do this you could write a short input file for curl/netcat which dos some GET’‘s and POST’'s to remove a room and recreate it.

There’'s also a load generation tool from http://opensta.org/ which is able to monitor the HTTP traffic, save it as a script (very easy language, reminds me of Basic) and replay it. One must usually modify the script after recording to extract the right Cookie.

LG