Group Chat Logging Problem

Hello,

I have encountered a strange issue with the logging of group chats.

I created a chat room and checked the setting to log conversations in it. I then asked that the server push down the entire contents of the running conversation to each client as they enter the room. The problem I am seeing is that when a user logs into a room, they see the transcript of the chat in the client window, but for each user, their own chat text is missing from the transcript.

So, for example, Bob, Jim, and Mary are in a chat. Jim decides to log off, then joins back a little later. The client downloads the transcript from the chat, but Jim only sees what Bob and Mary have typed. His own messages no longer appear.

The messages are being stored, just not displayed. If Bob leaves the room and re-enters it, Jim’‘s messages appear to him, as do Mary’'s, but not his own.

I am running Wildifire version 2.5.1 and Spark 1.1.3. Wildfire is running with the bundled JRE. The server is a Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz with 4 GB of RAM.

I hope I have explained the problem with enough detail. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Edvin

Hi,

this seems to be a Spark problem. I see that the XMPP debug window displays the messages, also the one which I did send but Spark does not display them.

LG

it2000,

Thanks for your reply. I’‘m glad I’'m not the only one with the problem.

Does anyone know of a fix or a workaround to this, or do I need to wait until its fixed in the next release?

Edvin

Hi Edvina,

There is no workaround at this time, but this issue has been filed as SPARK-262 and will be fixed in the next release (1.1.4)

Cheers,

Derek

Derek,

Thank you. I will patiently wait for the next release.

Regards,

Edvin

Thx Derek,

I was very sure that this issue would be solved within a few hours and you didn’'t prove me wrong.

LG