Group chat problems

I installed Wildfire Server. OS is Linux. Version of Wildfire is 2.5.1

When i enter Group chat that has 5 more people. I input type fast, then character that i input appeared very slowly

I should wait 1~2 seconds. Before I installed Wildfire 2.5.0. That time this kind of problems didn’'t appear

How can i fix this group chat problems?

Please help me.

Welcome Hyunsookwoo,

what about the cpu usage of the Wifi server?

Is it possible that Wifi is running into OutOfMemory problems?

What does the admin web page show (/index.jsp) as available and max memory?

I didn’'t notice any performance degradation.

LG

Server has dual Xeon 2.8 cpu and 2G Ram member.

This is index.jsp page appear

Environment

Java Memory 493.06 MB

I should increase Java Mememor?

Message was edited by: neworld70

Hi,

I would have expected a line like “11,29 MB of 63,56 MB (17,8%) used” for java memory. Hard to tell, if you see 90% used it would do no harm to increase it if you have more memory available. Then you should also see a higher cpu usage of the server.

LG

218.82 MB of 493.06 MB (44.4%) used

Should is increase Java memory.

During chat problems, i checkd server.I typed top command but load is 0. i don’'t know how can i fix this problems.

Hi,

with 50% used there’'s no need to increase the Xmx value.

Maybe you could enable “-Xloggc: -XX:+PrintGCDetails” as described on http://www.tagtraum.com/gcviewer.html - then you should see how long a garbage collections takes. But with 500 MB and 2,8 GHz this shouldn’'t be an issue.

Do you see errors in the log file?

LG

This is error message

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2006.03.23 15:23:24 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.OfflineMessageStore.getMessages(OfflineMessageStore.ja va:191) Internal server error

org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1427 of document : XML document structures must start and end within the same entity. Nested exception: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:482)

at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:365)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.OfflineMessageStore.getMessages(OfflineMessageStore.j ava:170)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.initSession(PresenceUpd ateHandler.java:212)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:100)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:92)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:61)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:44 5)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processPresence(ClientSocketRe ader.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:242)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

Nested exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseExcep tion(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHan dlerWrapper.java:215)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorRe porter.java:386)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorRe porter.java:316)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner. java:1438)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.endEntit y(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:663)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(XMLDoc umentScannerImpl.java:556)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(XMLEntityMan ager.java:1779)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(XMLEntityScanner. java:1758)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanContent(XMLEntityS canner.java:694)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanCont ent(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1051)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$Fragment ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1649)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocu ment(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Config uration.java:834)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Config uration.java:764)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:148)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXP arser.java:1242)

at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:465)

at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:365)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.OfflineMessageStore.getMessages(OfflineMessageStore.j ava:170)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.initSession(PresenceUpd ateHandler.java:212)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:100)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:92)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:61)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:44 5)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processPresence(ClientSocketRe ader.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:242)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

Message was edited by: neworld70

Hi,

are you using MySQL or the embedded database? Both may have some problems with unicode. If you use MySQL please check the configuration.

Is is possible for you to shutdown Wifi and take a look at the jiveoffline table? Maybe you see a message which causes the problem.

LG

Hey neworld70,

That exception usually happens when the size of the offline message was so big that the entire XML was not stored in the database. So when the server tries to retrieve and parse the XML you see that exception. I will try to add a size checking before storing the offline message. Meanwhile, you will need to detect the faulty message and delete it from the jiveOffline table.

Regards,

– Gato