Group Chat service requests

1. Option to insert predefined bookmark (room, bookmark Name, nickname, auto-login on/off) into user’'s private-storage in AC. Maybe there is such JM-xxx already?

2. Mombers-only seems not to be working as should. Now any user can register with such room. I want to be able to restrict users from registering such room.

Hey wroot,

Nice improvement requests. I created JM-308 for the second request. The JEP was modify a couple of months ago so that admins can approve/disapprove the registration requests. See http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0045.html#regapprove for more information.

I didn’'t understand the first request. Could you elaborate a bit more and/or give an example? Is it a server or client request?

Thanks,

– Gato

OK. Have voted for the second. Now i’‘m hiding that room in the directory list, so not allowed users shouldnt find it:) BTW, are you going to implement this as recommended in JEP? Well, as admin i can deny all register requests manually, but could be more convinient just to disable registering with such room. So anyone who try to enter such room should get message for ex: “This room is only for registered users”. Or maybe i can add my own text here? Well, i think i should comment this at JIRA, so i’'ll paste the same in there.

The first one. Now private-storage contains bookmarks which were created in client. And if i make clean install of client on other computer with same user i get this bookmark in roster automaticly. So i was thinking of an option to add bookmarks (for the group chat) directly to private-storage. For example, i need to add new room to rosters of some group of users. So now i have to go to everyone user and create bookmark. And with such feature i would do it in Admin Console. Of course if this is possible and do not interfere with JEPs.

thanks for the JM-308 Though when trying to register with Member-list only room it shows not nice error dialog. Is it possible to show some custom message to a user that is not allowed to register with room?

and what about the first one? I’'m pretty lazy and want to add bookmarks directly via Admin Console

Hey wroot,

thanks for the JM-308 Though when trying to

register with Member-list only room it shows not nice

error dialog. Is it possible to show some custom

message to a user that is not allowed to register

with room?

Since many of the new features are not MUC standard clients may behave in a weird way like showing error dialogs.

and what about the first one? I’'m pretty lazy and

want to add bookmarks directly via Admin Console

Check out JM-351.

Regards,

– Gato

Great! Cant wait till 2.2.1