GroupChatTable (Refresh) hangs/lags, no redraw of application

Hi everyone,

I just installed Spark 1.0.1 and tried the Conference Rooms. I selected conference.jabber.org which opens

the “Browse Conference Rooms” window. Then the applications hangs for a while, the windows are not redrawed

and one could think that it crashed. This also happens after clicking the “Refresh” button. Usually it

takes some seconds, sometimes I get a timout error like this:

13.12.2005 23:19:47 com.jivesoftware.Log logError

FATAL: Error setting up GroupChatTable

No response from the server.:

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverInfo(ServiceDiscoveryMa nager.java:357)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverInfo(ServiceDiscoveryMa nager.java:326)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getRoomInfo(MultiUserChat.java:195)

at com.jivesoftware.chat.groups.ui.ConferenceRooms.refreshRoomList(ConferenceRooms .java:182)

at com.jivesoftware.chat.groups.ui.ConferenceRooms.access$200(ConferenceRooms.java :87)

at com.jivesoftware.chat.groups.ui.ConferenceRooms$3.actionPerformed(ConferenceRoo ms.java:164)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

This is the a part of the corresponding stack trace, it shows that “Refresh” is executed within the

EventQueue and thus will cause the application to hang.

“AWT-EventQueue-0” prio=6 tid=0x03023d10 nid=0xe30 in Object.wait()

at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)

• waiting on <0x22af4f28> (a org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketCollector)
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketCollector.nextResult(PacketCollector.java:149)
  • locked <0x22af4f28> (a org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketCollector)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverInfo(ServiceDiscoveryMa nager.java:353)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverInfo(ServiceDiscoveryMa nager.java:326)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getRoomInfo(MultiUserChat.java:195)

at …

I wonder if this is a Spark or a Smack problem, anyway it is anoying if the application screens does not

redraw themself for a while.

LG

Hi it2000,

Thanks for the report. I will fix this ASAP. You can track the issue with SPARK-129.

Cheers,

Derek

I’‘m still getting this problem when I use Spark. I have the latest release. I’'ve checked the packet window, and I can see the rooms being received. Its just they never get displayed in the window.

If you need any further information let me know

Jon