Groupname xxxx not found (again)

Hello,

I’ve read several threads on this issue and did not find the proper solution for me, but found (I hope) what exactly is going on.

In my config Openfire works with AD and uses the following group search filter:

(&(objectClass=group)(!(grouptype=2)))

type 2 means i wanna show just security groups, no distribution groups. And this is the problem, since users are members of them both. And since Openfire knows nothing about distribution groups, it logs the following exception:

2011.07.15 13:22:12 Groupname xxxx not found

org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupNotFoundException: Groupname staff_man not found

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findGroupDN(LdapManager.java:1109)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findGroupDN(LdapManager.java:1036)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider.getGroup(LdapGroupProvider.jav a:102)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.getGroup(GroupManager.java:294)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.getGroup(GroupManager.java:273)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.BroadcastPlugin.processPacket(BroadcastPlugin. java:171)

I’m sure same thing will happen if there are users who belong to some groups which are out of the BaseDN scope.

To tell the truth, I don’t know what solution might be good in this case. I would not like to remove the group filter.

Any ideas?