Groups not working

I have been researching this for hours and tried numerous ideas from the forums with no luck.

My goals:

1. we have about 15 users that I want to create user accounts for and have the login information be the same as their domain account
  2. Have a few different departments to organize people (low priority)
  3. Have a group called (spark in my case) that has everyone in it

Current configuration:

1. I have configured LDAP integration and I can see all of my user accounts
  2. I can add people one by one to each account to have everyone show up as offline (people don’t show up online but you can message them even though they are offline)
  3. Created a security group in AD called Spark Group that has 5 members in it and I want that group to be displayed in Openfire, when editing the group, I click all users and no one shows up, I try to select users and it won’t let me select users. Not sure where to go from here.

The last step I am stuck on is how to group (even if just one big group) for everyone to see every time they log on without any special configuration or adding every user to every other user’s account roster. Please anyone have a suggestion?

A couple of points:

1. If you’re on the latest version, there’s a known issue with Openfire 3.9.3 and LDAP groups. It is filed as https://igniterealtime.org/issues/images/icons/bug.gif OF-830. Openfire 3.9.2 seems to not have this issue.
  2. The “Share group with additional users” box should only be used if you want users that are not members of a group to see it in their client. If you have a Spark group with all your users in it, there’s no need to check that box. If LDAP is set up correctly, then all the users in that group should see it in their client with just the “Enable contact list group sharing” option. That’s how it works for my system, at any rate.

Thank you for the info. I didn’t realize that Openfire 3.9.3 had the LDAP groups issue. I might try installing 3.9.2 and see if that fixes things. The additional users box I was trying to use becauses there were no members of the current group even though the group has members in active directory.

I believe my LDAP settings are correct as I can see groups and all of my user accounts. But maybe there is still some more tweaking I need to do.

Update

I looked into downgrading to 3.9.2 but I could not find the installer for 3.9.2. Does anyone know of any night builds that help fix this issue? It is critical that I get this going! Here is a screen shot of how the members don’t show up from the LDAP integration.

https://igniterealtime.org/downloads/download-landing.jsp?file=openfire/openfire _3_9_2.exe

Thanks!

Installing 2.9.2 fixed my issues and groups from LDAP queries are working!