Groups That Use AD Groups

First off, Jive Messenger rules. If there is anything I can do to help this effort, I’‘d love to try. I had trouble integrating it with Active Directory until I downloaded Softerra’‘s LDAP browser. So if you’'re having any problems, download that and things become much clearer.

I have successfully configured my jive software to authenticate to AD (Windows 2003 server). I can even make groups that automatically appear in users’’ rosters. Not bad for an idiot, eh?

Sadly, I am too much of an idiot to figure out how to create a group in Jive Messenger Administrator that uses an AD group? For example, I work for a school district with two schools. Each school has an AD distribution group - MS for Middle School, ES for Elementary School. I’‘d like to have those AD groups be in my users’’ rosters. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

These are two pieces of my conf file that have worked well for me to get AD groups working in Jive…

This “Searchfilter” part belongs in the “ldap” section of the conf… This only brings in users that belong to these groups… so you are not filling your jive user list with every thing under the sun… Not nessecary for getting groups to work but I found this to be very cool…

Let me warn you… I had many troubles with AD groups when using them as “Shared Roster Groups” until I downloaded the current nightly build of jive… It still has some issues but I think the major ones that plagued me are fixed…