[HELP] How to apply a patch?

Hello,

How can I apply a patch? I’m really insterested in this patch that lock/unlock functionality to userservice plugin

Is it possible? Any tips?

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in my patch Setting up a build environment can be tricky. I have attached my compiled version of userservice

plugin. Please be sure you are using Openfire 3.5.1 or greater.

daryl
userservice.jar (14820 Bytes)

Hi Daryl!

Thx for the fast reply!

I’m getting this error:

HTTP ERROR: 500

org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.UserServicePlugin.disableUser(Ljava/lang/String;)V

RequestURI=/plugins/userService/userservice

Caused by:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.UserServicePlugin.disableUser(Ljava/lang/String;)V
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.userService.UserServiceServlet.doGet(UserServiceServlet.java:122)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleServlet(PluginServlet.java:251)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:91)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

Any tips?

Hi,

Hmmm, the only two things that come to mind are that this plugin didn’t fully reload or you are running Openfire prior to 3.5.1 ? Can you try reloading the plugin?

daryl

Hi,

Me culpa… Can you redownload the jar file linked above? I gave you the wrong version that contains a different patch I wrote for it. Wish I could get these patches applied to SVN

daryl

I’m using Openfire 3.6.0 and yes, I did reload.

I’m done with this today!

Tomorrow i’ll try reloading the server to see if the changes take effect!

Thx for the help