Help is needed

Hello all - My manager has found this software and would like it installed. I have no clue where to begin. I have it on a server and need to integrate with Active Directory. Is there a link to a very basic installation guide? My understanding it needs a user account in AD but I do not want to use the domain admin account of course. Do I create a user and if so what rights will that user need? Sorry to be so dumb.

Hi,

the AD user Wildfire uses needs only read-rights as Wildfire does not change any LDAP/AD entry.

On the download page is also a link to “Wildfire, Other Files, Readme & License” and this Readme contains a link to the Wildfire Documentation, also about LDAP/AD integration. You way want to run the setup again (modify setup=true to false in conf/wildfire.xml) and enter there your AD details.

LG

Here is the config based on the instructions however when I launch admin, I do not see the users from AD.

..***

Man, I know I am amking this much harder than it should be for sure. Maybe I have gone on vacation already! THANKS EVERYONE

Hi,

it’'s always a good idea to remove around the LDAP section. Currently your LDAP section is commented so it will not be used.

LG

Told you my knowldge of this program is 0 -

Here is the error log from Wildfire:

line

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:88)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:49)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

2006.11.21 16:31:10 [org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:108)

] Failed to create new connections on startup. Attempt 0 of 3

java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@c798e4a6[file =C:\Program Files\Wildfire\embedded-db\wildfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: checkHeartbeat(): lock file is presumably locked by another process.

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.(XMPPServer.java:145)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:88)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:49)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

Hi,

may I ask how you start Wildfire? It seems that it’'s already running so you should terminate it first. Did you install it as a service? After shutting Wildfire down it may take some seconds before one can start it again.

LG

I just click on the icon on my desktop. I did not install originally. Just got the joy of cleaning it up and making it work and I am doing a BAD job at that

Looked in services and did not see Wildfire

Hi,

so you may want to look in the Task Manager for “wildfire.exe” and kill it there if it is running. I assume that you don’'t have a yellow Wildfire bulb in your TNA?

LG

Ok, I have killed all services and rebooted server. REAL silly question but how do you know you are synched with AD? I still have 16 users listed and these are the ones we added manually. Man, this crap is making me feel dumb. I want to thank you for your help and patience.

Hi,

to answer “how do you know you are synched with AD?” you may want to backup your wildfire.xml file and then set setup to false in it. Wildfire 3.1 should have a very improved web GUI which checks the LDAP connection.

Maybe AD logs the accesses to it.

Or you enable the LDAP debug log within Wildfire, this should produce a lot of output if you are using LDAP.

LG